Greek Omelette with Feta and Olives
You can use a lot of variations to make an omelette but there is always something special when you add feta cheese on it.
Ill be honest, i do like a lot to make an omelette with sausages or bacon. Its perfect and they are the best to make this snack really filling for you. However, not everyone likes it the same like so you always need to have some variations ready.
Feta cheese and tomato are really nice cause they freshen up the taste and they are ideal for you during summer. You can add, various herbs also depending on your preferences but in my opinion nothing can beat oregano in this situation.
I mean, lets be honest, feta cheese can only be mixed with oregano..
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEK OMELETTE WITH FETA
- 3 eggs (one person)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 100gr of Greek Feta Cheese
- Large hand full of -ideally- sliced kalamata olives. Sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes chopped
- Lots of oregano
HOW TO MAKE GREEK OMELETTE
- Add some olive and heat the pan to high. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with a bit of pepper and salt, if you want but bear in mind that feta is salty.
- Throw in the eggs and reduce to medium/low after 2 minutes.When they are still half cooked add the tomato, olives and feta and spread them on top
- With a flat cooking utensil, flip half of the omelette on top and continue to cook it like a sandwich. Flip it on more time so it wont be burned from one side only.
- Serve it by adding more oregano on top and sprinkle a bit more of olive oil