Pasta with Tzatziki
Lets say you want to cook something Mediterranean and you are not sure what. This can help you, a pasta with tzatziki, the most famous sauce in Greece.
Obviously, i think not many Italians will appreciate this but its ok. I guess they will have a similar variation on small part of the country.
Being in Greece during summer, means that you are trying to find food that is healthy, fresh and have that summer feeling on that. I don’t think you can find something better than that.
Even if you can have it as a main meal, this can be used as a side salad i guess as long as it is served cold. Super easy to make!
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA WITH TZATZIKI
For Tzatziki Sauce
- 300gr of Greek Style yogurt
- 1 spoons of vinegar
- 1/2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- One small bunch of dill
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 cucumber cut in small pieces
- 300gr of pasta,
- 1 spoon of Olive oil
- Some cherry tomatoes
- A bit more dill
How to cook Pasta and Tzatziki
- Put the yogurt in a pot and add the vinegar.
- Mash the garlic clove and add it to the yogurt together with olive oil
- Finely cut the dill and add it also to yogurt.
- Put salt and pepper to your liking and stir properly.
For the Pasta
- Cut dow the cucumber in small cubes
- In the same time boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. When its done, drain them and set them aside to cold a bit.
- Mix them together with the tzatziki sauce, the cucumber and tomato that we have.
- Sprinkle some more dill, pepper and olive oil.