“Drunken Chicken”-Chicken with Beer and rice
The following is a simple recipe for cooking chicken a little bit differently and fits perfectly to all those people that want to try different combinations
I am a long time hard-core fan of beer so every time I see a recipe that consists beer in the ingredients makes more eager to try it. As a recipe my guess is that it has German roots -as they are used to cook in Beer- but then again the most important thing I guess is the result… and that was arguably pretty good.
The recipe is really plain and simple. Its one of those that you don’t need to much but still you can get a beautiful plate to impress, that’s why I kind of like it
Ingredients for Chicken with Beer
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 tea spoon of cary
- 1 tea spoon of paprika
- 1 tea spoon of nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 500ml of stout beer
How to cook chicken with Beer
- Start by adding the chicken in the pot with some olive oil. In medium heat make sure they have a nice brown red color from all sides
- Add all the seasoning and the onions. Keep cooking for the next 5 minutes
- Put Salt and pepper and add the beer slowly cause it will create a lot of foam.
- Put the lid and keep cooking for around 40-45 minutes until you see that the chicken starts to come out of the bone and becomes soft.
- Remove the chicken and let the sauce for couple of minutes more in high heat so it thickens properly.
Πλέον και το δικό μου 🙂
Το αγαπημένο της μητέρας μου!