Chocolate pudding with bread
Couple of years ago me and my brother had the idea to buy a laptop to my mother so she can start and communicate with us much more easily. Well, once when I was talking with her, I admitted how I missed her sweet recipes and the various cakes she made.Making a cake can be really difficult as you don’t have the chance to make a mistake in the ingredients. A small change, a small miss and most of the times the hours you invested can go immediately to the bin. That’s why I asked my mother if there was something relatively easy that I could do without spending so much time. Mothers always have something for their sons… So she lost no time and started writing the following recipe which I gladly followed..
The following is called chocolate pudding with bread, slices of bread we use for toast. Indeed its one of the easiest things that i tried and one you can’t really go too wrong with it. In the end my mother reminded to me that she did it when she had visited me once in UK with a small variation. Well, the important thing is that, i managed to do it without destroying our kitchen, my brother liked it, and Silvia (our italian flatmate) also liked it. So it is guaranteed from everyone and all possible ways. If there was an ISO approval for that chocolate pudding …this recipe would have it. (i think…)
- 12 slices of bread for toast with the harder outer part removed
- 110gr sugar
- 425gr of pouring cream
- 200gr of sweet cacao
- 75gr of butter
- A small cup of nutella
- 1 cinnamon stick or a small spoon of cinnamon powder
- 3 eggs
DOING THAT PUDDING
- First we take some butter and we spread it on the baking pan internally on all the sides.Spread a bit of nutella on the slices of bread and place them on the pan with the side that has the nutella down
- In a pot add the pouring cream and warm it up but be careful not to boil. Add the cinnamon (if you put cinnamon stick remove it later on) and the remaining of the butter and the cacao and keep stirring it so they are mixed together. Always, keep them warmed up but not boiling.
- In small plate hit 3 eggs and mix them. Remove the chocolate mix from fire and then add the eggs and stir really strong so the eggs are not cooked.
- Take the mixture and add 2/3 over the bread in your baking pad and spread it around. Put the rest of the slices of bread that you have on top always remembering to add Nutella on the outer side of the bread.Pour the remaining of the chocolate mixture you made on top covering the slices of bread. Use a spoon or a knife to spread it all over.
- Now the important part!!Take a bigger pan than the one you have place the cake and fill it with water and place the other one inside. Fill the bigger baking pan with water; just enough so it won’t spill to the chocolate cake while its being cooked.
- The whole idea is that as it will be in the oven, the water will be boiling cooking it nicely from all the sides keeping the inner part of the cake soft. (well…what can I say…mothers, they know all the tricks.) Cook it for 30 minutes, just when you realize that the chocolate is thick and still that you can pinch it with a fork.
An immense wave of chocolate is ready for you!