Easy to make Greek orange cake recipe
When i was young i didn’t remember at all eating any orange cake. It was basically chocolate all day. As you get older though you just start to appreciate those things a little bit more. The following orange recipe came from my mother and she reminded to me how many times she has experimented in the past with cake recipes.
Obviously, its a bit too much to say that it is a Greek orange recipe as i bet many others similar to this one exist all over the world. But.. that’s how we were eating it at home.
Cakes like that are so easy to make that you can use it as a base for various other cake recipes
Orange Cake recipe ingredients
- 150gr sugar
- 180gr of carrots shredded
- 60gr of olive oil
- 100gr of shredded walnuts
- 200gr of orange juice
- 1/2 of small spoon baking powder
- the zest from one orange (or vanilla)
- 300gr self raising flower
For the cream
- 250gr of cream cheese
- 1 +1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
How do we do it?
- We preheat the oven at 170c
- Add olive oil in one baking tin for cakes and put it in the fridge.
- In a big bowl, we add olive oil, sugar, the orange juice, the baking powder, carrots, the orange zest, cinnamon and the clove. Mix them all and add slowly the flour spoon by spoon.
- Remove the baking pot from the fridge and add flour on the sides to not stick. Pour all of our mixture over there and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Mix the sugar with the whipping cream. In a separate bowl we mix the cheese to become more fluffy and then we mix both of them.
- When the cake is done,let it cool down first and then add on top the cream and cover all sides …Alternatively, you can add just sugar.