Easy to Make Chicken with Black and Green Olives Recipe
That is an easy way to start 2019. Cooking some chicken was never difficult and always gave you a number of options.
You can either make it straight in the oven, grill or use it on a variety of ways like they do in Eastern cuisine.
Mixing up though some Greek ingredients on it like olives can make quite special though. Below is a recipe that hopefully you will find easy to cook and also really tasty as i did.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN WITH BLACK AND GREEN OLIVES
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 peppers sliced, 2 reds and 1 green
- 1 big onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Oregano, Paprika
- Olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2 big tomatoes trimmed.
- 1 spoon of butter
- Black and Green Olives with stone. Around a small cup.
How to cook it
- Wash and cut the peppers in slices as well as the onions and garlic
- In a big deep pan, add some olive oil as well as the butter and bring it in medium to high heat. Add the chicken and cook it from all sides until it becomes red-brown. Remove it and put it aside.
- In the same pan, add some more olive oil and the peppers, onions as well as the garlic. Finally add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add again the chicken, as well as salt, pepper, paprika and the bay leaves and let it boil for some 10-15 minutes making sure the chicken is well cooked.
- Just before the end add the olives making sure they boil for some 5-10 minutes more.