Beef soup with vegetables
As the winter is coming in London the amount of recipes that include the word “soup” in it is increasing all the time.
Chicken soup is one of my favourite of all times, along with any Chinese soups which I really like. I remember that when I was young my mother used to do either beef soup or some fish soup, depending on the fish that she could find on the local markets.
However, for some reason I never really liked it as much as the chicken soup, or the fish soup from time to time. After I did the following soup, I asked my mother to see what I did differently cause I couldn’t remember exactly how she was cooking the soup when I was a young spoil 13-16….maybe 18 year old brat.
So, my mother was doing the same thing but adding orzo and red sauce on it which is more traditional I guess, but …well i made some small modifications. Ok Ok, i admit, i am guilty in changing the traditions! But still like that soup!
Well… here it is…
BEEF SOUP WITH VEGETABLES AND MUSTARD – INGREDIENTS
- 1 kilo of Beef chopped.
- 2 daphne leafs
- 4-5 carrots chopped
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of celery
- 3 medium sized potatoes chopped
- 1 spoon of English Mustard
- Vegetable cube
- In a big pot, add the olive oil in medium heat and let it sizzle. Add the beef and stir it well.
- Add Salt and Pepper as well and the onions and let the beef become a bit brownish. Fill it up with water, add the Daphne leaves and the Mustard as well as the vegetable cube.
- Let it boil for an hour. When the meat is soft and tender that you can pin it with a fork its ready to serve! 🙂 .
p.s. remember to remove the Daphne leaf before you eat it