Chocolate log Dessert
Always when I was home back in Greece I enjoyed when my mother was making cakes, sweets and anything that had chocolate. Well, don’t we all… I was hoping that I could manage once to make that chocolate log (kormos sokolatas in greek..) recipe. To tell you the truth it took me some time to find the appropriate name for that…
Well, the following is a recipe that my mother was doing and a lot of Greek mothers are doing but not really much elsewhere. At least as far as I looked online I couldn’t find similar recipes…
Anyway, I am just writing this recipe as after the Yogurt with Honey it’s my first real effort for a nice desert/sweet and I feel quite satisfied with the result. The only problem that I had was that…well I am a little bit alcoholic and I added two shots of cognac rather than one that the good old mothers recipe was saying…
The result wasn’t bad but ok, I think you should be careful with that.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE LOG
- 250 g. butter
- 100 g. powdered sugar
- 1 couverture
- 1 shot of cognac (or brandy)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 250 g. petit beurre biscuits
How do we do it:
- In a saucepan put the butter over low heat to melt. Drop into the dark chocolate cut into pieces, and stir, taking care not to boil.
- Once the chocolate melts, add the icing sugar and cocoa and stir until you have smooth mixture.
- Remove from the heat and crush biscuits in a bowl.
- Throw the mixture and add a shot of cognac. Mix well, to cover all the cookies from the mixture.Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Stretch a piece of grease-proof paper on the counter and throw the mixture. Wrap the grease-proof paper around the mixture and create a trunk. (Coasting right hand – the left until it has a uniform shape).
- Wrap the grease-proof paper at the edges so as not to spill the mixture and put in the freezer for a few hours until frozen. When ready to cut into slices and serve on a platter pieces.
Well I found this cool video on youtube that a couple of Greeks made. It is the similar recipe, they just add an egg and in the end they don’t use baking paper together with aluminium foil. The only problem with that is that it makes it more difficult to cut it after the Chocolate has frozen in the freezer.
Other than that I think it will give you a good idea about the way its done. Enjoy 🙂